Health & safety policy
We want everyone at RTX Austin 2022 to feel healthy and safe, so we have some new policies. Please note, all health and safety policies are subject to change.
Additionally, The City of Austin is committed to restoring our local economy in a manner that is safe, equitable, and prosperous for all (Covid-19 Economic Recovery)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Face Mask Required
- Everyone 2+ years old at all RTX venues
- Snug fit, covers nose & mouth, secure under chin
- Mandatory, except when eating/drinking while stationary
- Must be visible at all times, not concealed under cosplay
- Costume masks are NOT a suitable substitute
- NOT acceptable face masks include one’s with exhalation valves, bandanas, neck gaiters, mesh materials, or worn or damaged masks.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Negative Test
- Either option for everyone, all ages
- Upload proof to CLEAR Health Pass
- Fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entry (booster required for those that qualify based on manufacturer)
- Or negative rapid test or PCR test within 72 hours prior to your first day of entry
- Respect Everyone’s Health & Safety
- If you aren’t feeling well, stay home
- Social distance when possible
- Wash hands & sanitize regularly
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
- Health & Safety Measures at All Venues
- Badge Postpone & Refund Options
- If you can’t attend, you can request a refund or to postpone your badge(s) to RTX Austin 2023 by May 27, 2022
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within the 2 weeks prior to attending, please email email@example.com.
By attending RTX Austin you are agreeing to accept the risks COVID-19 and agree to our COVID-19 waiver. Please ensure you review this waiver prior to attending.
CLEAR HEALTH PASS
In order to make your experience at RTX Austin 2022 seamless, we’ve partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to make your COVID-19 screening easier.
Scan the QR Code below to download CLEAR Health Pass and submit your info for RTX Austin 2022.
For detailed instructions on how to upload your info to CLEAR Health Pass and other questions, please visit our COVID-19 FAQ or review the below instruction sheets.
To enter the Austin Convention Center, everyone must go through a Security Checkpoint.
How Security Checkpoints Work:
- Everyone MUST show their valid RTX badge or valid GrowTix registration confirmation email to enter the Austin Convention Center
- There will be a Walk-Thru Metal Detector screening. If you are unable to enter metal detectors for medical reasons, you will be wanded instead
- All bags will be inspected.
- Anyone requiring ADA access can use the Fast Pass Line, along with their caregiver, no matter what type of badge you have.
Where to Queue:
- Fast Pass Line (Pink Flag)
- Ultra, Platinum, or Plus badge holders
- Crew badge holders
- Regular Line (Green Flag)
- Weekend, Single Day, Podcast Festival Weekend, or Exhibit Hall Weekend badge holders
Security Checkpoint Rules:
- Wear your badge visibly at all times
- If your badges is at Will Call, please have a printed or digital copy of. your badge order confirmation email and a valid photo I.D. to get through the checkpoint
- Look for a Pink Flag to queue for the Fast Pass Line, or a Green Flag to queue for the Regular Line
- Listen to the Guardians to ensure you are in the correct line.
- Thursday, June 30
- Checkpoint 1 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 1
- Checkpoints 1 + 2 | 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Checkpoint 3 | 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday, July 2
- Checkpoints 1 + 2 | 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Checkpoint 3 | 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Sunday, July 3
- Checkpoints 1 + 2 | 8:30 AM – 7=6:00 PM
- Checkpoint 3 | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM